[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index]

[Bacula-devel] Restore Problems

Hello all,

I lately got bacula-2.4.2 installed, and I recently noted something, which I am not sure if it is a feature or a problem.
I did a restore from a full backup job, and it failed.

It said this -  ( note :  /home/xxxxxxxxxxx * *** .mp4  is not the actual file name )

31-Oct 11:38 storage04 JobId 64: Error: block.c:318 Volume data error at 1:2752323442!
Block checksum mismatch in block=109241 len=64512: calc=833b9fbe blk=fd5daefd
31-Oct 11:38 bacula-dir1-fd JobId 64: Error: attribs.c:421 File size of restored file /home/xxxxxxxxxxx * *** .mp4 not correct. Original 272732160, restored 207093760.
31-Oct 11:38 bacula-XXX JobId 64: Error: Bacula bacula-XXX 2.4.2 (26Jul08): 31-Oct-2008 11:38:32
  Build OS:               x86_64-unknown-linux-gnu debian 4.0
  JobId:                  64
  Job:                    RestoreFiles.2008-10-31_11.30.19
  Restore Client:         bacula-dir1-fd
  Start time:             31-Oct-2008 11:30:02
  End time:               31-Oct-2008 11:38:32
  Files Expected:         777,584
  Files Restored:         105,447
  Bytes Restored:         12,753,943,132
  Rate:                   25007.7 KB/s
  FD Errors:              3
  FD termination status:  Error
  SD termination status:  Error
  Termination:            *** Restore Error ***

This seems to happen for full backups, that I tried.
I have to do a restore again, and unmark that particular file ( which had size mismatch ) and do it again. 
And then another file had the same problem, and I have to do this over and over again.
Now, the size of the total data to be restored is ~150Gb. It is really annoying to start over , and over again. It takes a huge time to complete the restore.

According to the documentation, it said that restore does not abort on such errors.
Even the code src/findlibs/attrib.c seems to suggest that err level/type is M_ERROR, which should suggests that job should not fail. ( If I am not wrong ;) )
       Jmsg3(jcr, M_ERROR, 0, _("File size of restored file %s not correct. Original %s, restored %s.\n"),

The thing to note here is that size of the file restored is smaller than what is mentioned in the catalog. Not sure why this happened, but I have hit this case very often.
Is this the reason, why the restore job failed ? If this is the case, is there a way I can disable this feature ?

Thank you,
- Dinesh

Bacula compiled with
     ./configure --prefix=/usr/local/bacula-2.4.2/ --sbindir=/usr/local/bacula-2.4.2/bin --sysconfdir=/usr/local/bacula-2.4.2/bin --with-working-dir=/usr/local/bacula-2.4.2/bin/working --with-pid-dir=/usr/local/bacula-2.4.2/bin/working --with-subsys-dir=/usr/local/bacula-2.4.2/bin/working --enable-batch-insert --enable-smartalloc --enable-largefile --enable -readline --disable-build-stored --with-base-port=9101 --with-mysql --with-dir-password=bacula --with-fd-password=bacula --with-sd-password=bacula --with-smtp-host=localhost

Full and incremental volumes are maintained on different pools.

Bacula-fd of the client which was backed up is 2.0.3.

NOTICE:  This email and any file transmitted are confidential and/or legally privileged and intended only for the person(s) directly addressed.  If you are not the intended recipient, any use, copying, transmission, distribution, or other forms of dissemination is strictly prohibited.  If you have received this email in error, please notify the sender immediately and permanently delete the email and files, if any.
This SF.Net email is sponsored by the Moblin Your Move Developer's challenge
Build the coolest Linux based applications with Moblin SDK & win great prizes
Grand prize is a trip for two to an Open Source event anywhere in the world
Bacula-devel mailing list

This mailing list archive is a service of Copilot Consulting.