Re: [SFRC] Vortex reduction

My impression of wing-tip vortex control devices is that they work fine in
full scale service, and are usually tuned to a particular flight regime, such
as cruise where the drag reduction is helpful in saving fuel on transport
aircraft.  On sailplanes, the reduction could be helpful to the L/D.  But
these things are sensitive to speed and angle of attack.  When used at the
design AOA and speed, they are good, but the performance can change
drastically when opoerated at other flight conditions.  So there use in a
model might be more hinderance then help.

.........bc    (conk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx

       http://www.widomaker.com/~conk
Williamsburg, VA 23185