Re: [Bacula-devel] bacula and python 2.6

Scott Barninger wrote:
> Hello Kern,
>
> Just adding rpm support for SUSE 11.1 in preparation for the 2.4.4
> release. Just tried building and, gee, guess what?
>
> configure: error: Unable to find Python.h in standard locations
>
> I thought I read that 2.6 would remain compatible with warnings? So for
> now I will turn off python support for 11.1

Hi Scott, some days ago I've wrote this to the mailing list.
and Kern tell me he have already correct it in svn ...

This is due to a little trouble inside ./configure around line 15624
    for python_root in /usr /usr/local /usr/sfw; do
      for ver in python2.2 python2.3 python2.4 python2.5; do

I suggest to add/replace by :

      for ver in python python2.2 python2.3 python2.4 python2.5 python2.6; do

Happy new year ...

--

     Bruno Friedmann

Ioda-Net Sàrl
  2830 Vellerat - Switzerland

  Tél : ++41 32 435 7171
  Fax : ++41 32 435 7172
  gsm : ++41 78 802 6760
  www.ioda-net.ch

 Centre de Formation et de Coaching En Ligne
 www.cfcel.com