Re: [Bacula-devel] copy jobs

On Tuesday 23 December 2008 15:07:30 Eric Bollengier wrote:
> Le Tuesday 23 December 2008 15:00:36 Kern Sibbald, vous avez écrit :
> > On Tuesday 23 December 2008 14:32:02 JanJaap Scholing wrote:
> >
> > Yes, at this point, if I am not mistaken, the correct (new) way to check
is:
> > > SELECT DISTINCT Job.JobId,Job.StartTime FROM Job,Pool WHERE Pool.Name =
> > > 'Virt-Pool' AND Pool.PoolId = Job.PoolId AND Job.Type = 'B' AND
> > > Job.JobStatus = 'T' AND Job.JobId NOT IN (SELECT PriorJobId FROM Job
> > > WHERE Type = 'C' AND Job.JobStatus = 'T' AND PriorJobId != 0)  ORDER by
> > > Job.StartTime;
> >
> > Note, I changed a 'B' to 'C' in the second to last line.
> >
> > I think the attached patch will probably solve your immediate problem.
> > However, in thinking about this, I realize that there is a larger problem
> > of how to deal with migrating the new Copy jobs.
>
> With the new upgrade mode, you can have a copy with the type B, so i think
> that we have to add something like PriorJobId!=0 in the first part.

I'm not sure about you, but I certainly forgot to consider the ramifications
of changing Copy jobs to 'C' on how migration would work.  I am not sure that
migration will preserve the 'C' nor will it normally migrate Copy jobs.  I
suspect the migration code needs to be modified to both migrate Copy jobs and
to ensure that their status as a Copy is preserved.

Regards,