Re: [Bacula-devel] Backups to DVD defunct in recent versions?

> Hello,
>
> Yes, the DVD code is unfortunately very difficult to
> maintain, and apparently no one in the community tested
> it while in beta phase, so it seems to be pretty
> seriously broken.
>
> We are considering (I have been doing so for some time)
> ripping it out and using DVD filesystems which allow more
> or less normal appends to DVDs.

Someone mentioned that 2.0.2 would work. Would it be possible to add that tarball to sourceforge, as it is not there anymore.

I have been a month without any backup solution, after my DAT died, and I invested lots of money to a DVD-writer + media + storage bag for those. If 2.0.2 works, it would be a great temporary solution.

Regards,
jarif