Re: [Bacula-devel] Director bug when using two storage daemons?

On Tuesday 18 November 2008 11:29:34 Graham Keeling wrote:
> On Mon, Nov 17, 2008 at 05:24:13PM +0100, Kern Sibbald wrote:
> > On Monday 17 November 2008 16:51:31 Graham Keeling wrote:
> > > I have a suggestion for fixing it:
> > > The JobMedia record appears to be created when 1GB of data is written,
> > > even if the job hasn't finished.
> > > How about creating the JobMedia record just before (or at the same
> > > time) the Media record is created?
> >
> > Were it that easy, I would have proposed that as a solution.  The problem
> > is the JobMedia record cannot be written until 1GB has been written or
> > the job ends.
>
> Why not?

I already explained that above.

> Why 1GB? It seems very arbitrary.

The size is determined by the SD Maximum File Size directive.
Read the manual about it.

Regards,

Kern

PS: If you want this problem fixed in the near future, please find someone
that can submit a patch, but I won't accept any patch on this unless the
person discusses the implementation detail beforehand as it is a non-trivial
problem to fix.