Re: [Bacula-devel] patch: include reorder for win32 bat

Kern Sibbald wrote:
> On Friday 07 November 2008 21:06:40 rgh wrote:
>> Hello,
>> bacula on win32 redefines some system structures and functions.
>> Not the safest thing to do, IMHO.
>
> It is required in order to use our own compatibility library src/win32/compat,
> which handles Unicode, large files, and a number of other features that are
> not in mingw or the Win32 crt library.
Sure, I understand the need, but don't like the way is implemented.
I've spent quite a bit of time chasing weird compile and link errors
before realizing that struct stat and friends where redefined.
IMHO, instead of redefining system functions/structs/headers we should
define new functions and use those.
For example, we should have a struct bacula_stat, wich on unix could
just be a typedef or a define, but on windows could be a real struct,
without resorting to preprocessor trickery.

>> Anyway, this patch tweaks bat includes to at least pull in only the
>> bacula versions and not a mix of the two.
>
> Yes, you are right, we haven't yet gone through the #includes to get them in
> the correct order.  Many thanks for doing so.
>
> I've applied your patch and will commit it tonight before I leave on
> vacation :-)
Thank you very much. Happy vacation!

Riccardo