Re: [Bacula-devel] MaximumBlockSize Problem and Question

On Wed, 5 Nov 2008 16:12:51 +0100
Kern Sibbald <kern@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> For writing to tape (providing it is LTO-n) I strongly recommend a block size
> not to exceed 256K.

Hi Kern,

Why do you say that?  Is this thread relevant?:
http://www.mail-archive.com/bacula-devel@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx/msg01246.html

Also, I would like to corroborate the OP's experiences; I had an almost
identical thread about small block size and slow write speed:
http://www.nabble.com/LTO-4-performance--td17407840.html

In fact, I was unable to get higher block sizes working at all with
btape:
http://www.adsm.org/lists/html/Bacula-users/2008-05/msg00504.html

So I am still stuck at ~22MB/s writing to LTO-4 with the default block
size.

Regards,
--
Alex Chekholko