Re: [Bacula-devel] Accept "spooldata" flag on bconsole "run" cmd

Hello Bastian,

Le Tuesday 04 November 2008 15:14:40 Bastian Friedrich, vous avez écrit :
> Hi,
>
> currently, Bacula accepts a "Spool data" flag for storages within job
> ressources, and in Run statements in a schedule. Modifying the Spooling
> statement while calling "run" inside bconsole is not available.
>
> Doing so is sensible in a number of cases; often, Full backups may be
> non-spooled, while incrementals should be spooled. Defining a Job as "to
> disk" per default, but enabling spooling when running the same job to tape,
> is quite sensible.
>
> The attached patch
> a) adds a "spooldata={yes|1|no|0}" to the run statement on the bconsole CLI
> b) adds a "Spool data" "mod" option (number 9)

I would say that it's a good idea to keep this menu simple as possible...
Spooling or not a job depending on the time, the weather, or maybe the new
american president is a quite advance feature. (i like it, i've added this
option in other bacula places). But, i prefere keep this option only for
command line.

What do you think ?

Bye