Re: [Bacula-devel] Critical 2.4.3-orphaned-jobs.patch released

> We recently found and corrected a serious bug in Bacula that causes jobs to be
> orphaned or "stuck" in the director during the pruning process.  Depending on
> what jobs get stuck and how many there are, it could prevent additional jobs
> from running.  As best we can tell, this problem occurs only during what
> could be called extreme pruning conditions -- i.e. there are insufficient
> Volumes available for normal operations.
>
> In any case, we recommend that everyone apply the 2.4.3-orphaned-jobs.patch,
> which you can find in the bacula-patches section of the Source Forge download
> area as well as in the directory patches of both the trunk and Branch-2.4
> SVN.

I put a gentoo ebuild that applies this patch in my gentoo overlay at

http://github.com/drescherjm/jmdgentoooverlay

instructions on how to use this overlay are  in the wiki

http://github.com/drescherjm/jmdgentoooverlay/wikis

Or a user can just grab the ebuild and files from

http://github.com/drescherjm/jmdgentoooverlay/tree/master/app-backup/bacula

BTW, This has been tested and compiles on amd64.

John