Re: [Bacula-devel] Ubuntu question

On Thu, 23 Oct 2008 11:53:26 +0200
Kern Sibbald <kern@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> Although, my development platform is now Ubuntu, I am not yet
> familiar enough with deb packaging to make any direct suggestions,
> but Eric is our deb expert and I see he has already made some
> suggestions.

I've seen his suggestion and for sure I'll apply them during the next
Ubuntu development cycle - in a month or two.

> I like very much your question and the "let's try to solve the
> problems" attitude behind it.  Are you going to be at FOSSCamp in
> Dec?  If so, I would like to meet you and discuss this in detail.

Unfortunately, I'll be attending only UDS, which begins two days after
FOSSCamp :/. I understand that you'll meet Mathias at FOSSCamp. You can
discuss everything with him and I'll talk with him during UDS. In
the end, emails are always there, so...

> A bit later today or possibly tomorrow, I will send you a list
> (rather big I am afraid) of things where we believe we can improve
> the security and usability of Bacula for users.  Some things can be
> implemented rather easily and quickly and others are more long term.

Please do send it.

Take care