Re: [Bacula-devel] Ubuntu question

On Wednesday 22 October 2008 15:27:59 Ante Karamatic wrote:
> On Sat, 18 Oct 2008 17:45:03 -0400
>
> Scott Barninger <scott@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> > So, should we talk to anyone about this? Or do they consider this an
> > unannounced security feature?
>
> As commented on bug, this is something Ubuntu inherited from Debian. I
> do understand both Debian's and your point of view. I'm not in favor for
> any of those configurations; both have ups and downs.
>
> But, except of that FDAddress (and random password) problem, what else
> do you find wrong in packages? I've worked on some changes in those
> packages, but I would like to hear other problems users are having.

Hello,

Although, my development platform is now Ubuntu, I am not yet familiar enough
with deb packaging to make any direct suggestions, but Eric is our deb expert
and I see he has already made some suggestions.

I like very much your question and the "let's try to solve the problems"
attitude behind it.  Are you going to be at FOSSCamp in Dec?  If so, I would
like to meet you and discuss this in detail.

A bit later today or possibly tomorrow, I will send you a list (rather big I
am afraid) of things where we believe we can improve the security and
usability of Bacula for users.  Some things can be implemented rather easily
and quickly and others are more long term.

More later ...