Re: [Bacula-devel] win32 restore warning on german umlauts

I ran across this same problem at work recently. FindFirstFile, and _stat/_wstat if you're using the C runtime, definitely don't want to see the trailing path separator.

But I looked at the code a little bit too. In compat.cpp I noticed that on 9x systems, bacula-fd will call FindFirstFileA (and other -A APIs) using UTF-8-encoded pathnames — rather than in the correct encoding for the system/user locale.

Are 9x backup clients even supported? If so, they will pretty much only work with an English OS and ASCII filenames. If not, then those code paths are stale anyway and could be taken out to simplify the compatibility layer a bit.

 -matt