Re: [Bacula-devel] win32 restore warning on german umlauts

On Mon, 2008-10-13 at 16:42 +0200, Kern Sibbald wrote:
> On Monday 13 October 2008 15:45:23 Ulrich Leodolter wrote:
> > Hello,
> >
> > Today i have built a winbacula-2.5.14.exe (README.mingw32)
> > from svn trunk.  There was one issue in
> > bacula/src/win32/installer/winbacula.nsi,
> > looks like winbacula.nsi is not adapted to new manuals.
>
> Yes, we still build it with the old manual.
>

> > After removing the DocumentationGroup from winbacula.nsi
> > the installer build succeeds.
> >
> > After installing winbacula-2.5.14.exe into my VirtualBox Windose
> > (XP SP3) i've run a new Full Backup (using Accurate = yes),
> > this job succeeds without problems.
> >
> > Then i've run a full restore into C:/bacula-restores.
> > this job also terminates OK and number of restored files
> > is identical to previous full backup.
> >
> > But there are a lots of warnings on files and directories
> > using german umlauts.
>
> I suspect that either your Director is not setup to run UTF-8 (see the
> manual), or you have some other strange configuration problem -- e.g. perhaps
> you are not using VSS, though that really should not matter ...

Hello,

the build machine runs centos 5.2 LANG=en_US.UTF-8
this is also the machine where bacula-dir runs.
catalog database backend is mysql-5.0.45-7.el5,

I looked at the manual, but sorry, how can i check if director is
correctly setup for UTF-8 ?

I am using VSS

Thanks
Ulrich

> > All warnings look like this:
> >
> > 13-Oct 15:10 leodolter-win-fd JobId 4274:
> > Warning: ../../findlib/mkpath.c:75 Cannot change permissions of
> > C:/bacula-restores/C/Dokumente und Einstellungen/All Users/Startmenü:
> > ERR=No such file or directory
> > 13-Oct 15:10 leodolter-win-fd JobId 4274:
> > Warning: ../../findlib/mkpath.c:75 Cannot change permissions of
> > C:/bacula-restores/C/Dokumente und Einstellungen/All
> > Users/Startmenü/Programme/Autostart: ERR=No such file or directory
> >

> > Is it a WARNING, an ERR or a BUG ?
>
> A warning is a warning, a "minor" but not critical error.
>
> Regards,
>
> Kern
>

> > Thanks
> > Ulrich

Ulrich Leodolter <ulrich.leodolter@xxxxxxxx>
Oesterreichische Bibliothekenverbund und Service GmbH
Bruennlbadgasse 17/2A, A-1090 Wien
Fax +43 1 4035158-30
Tel +43 1 4035158-21
Web http://www.obvsg.at