Re: [Bacula-devel] win32 restore warning on german umlauts

On Monday 13 October 2008 15:45:23 Ulrich Leodolter wrote:
> Hello,
>
> Today i have built a winbacula-2.5.14.exe (README.mingw32)
> from svn trunk.  There was one issue in
> bacula/src/win32/installer/winbacula.nsi,
> looks like winbacula.nsi is not adapted to new manuals.

Yes, we still build it with the old manual.

> After removing the DocumentationGroup from winbacula.nsi
> the installer build succeeds.
>
> After installing winbacula-2.5.14.exe into my VirtualBox Windose
> (XP SP3) i've run a new Full Backup (using Accurate = yes),
> this job succeeds without problems.
>
> Then i've run a full restore into C:/bacula-restores.
> this job also terminates OK and number of restored files
> is identical to previous full backup.
>
> But there are a lots of warnings on files and directories
> using german umlauts.

I suspect that either your Director is not setup to run UTF-8 (see the
manual), or you have some other strange configuration problem -- e.g. perhaps
you are not using VSS, though that really should not matter ...

> All warnings look like this:
>
> 13-Oct 15:10 leodolter-win-fd JobId 4274:
> Warning: ../../findlib/mkpath.c:75 Cannot change permissions of
> C:/bacula-restores/C/Dokumente und Einstellungen/All Users/Startmenü:
> ERR=No such file or directory
> 13-Oct 15:10 leodolter-win-fd JobId 4274:
> Warning: ../../findlib/mkpath.c:75 Cannot change permissions of
> C:/bacula-restores/C/Dokumente und Einstellungen/All
> Users/Startmenü/Programme/Autostart: ERR=No such file or directory
>

> Is it a WARNING, an ERR or a BUG ?

A warning is a warning, a "minor" but not critical error.

Regards,

Kern