Re: [Bacula-devel] Alternative DB proposal

Good work!
But...
I think the test is not quite correct. ;)
I am talking about the command "COPY" in PostgreSQL.

In other words, I think that COPY and INSERT performed differently.
"COPY" must be implemented faster than individual "INSERT" into real Bacula Job.

I may be wrong.

To make the most correct test, we must take the bacula source code and
based on it to make gen_filetable.c, for example.
We must  use INSERTs instead COPY.

At the moment I have a server (yet completely empty and sufficiently
powerful) where I can create a database size of 100-200Gb or more, to
conduct tests.
I need the source code gen_filetable.c

I novice C programmer, so do not promise that write code fast. ;)

2008/10/7 John Huttley <John@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>:
> Hi
> My first test are complete.
> To aid in getting all the questions/answers and results in one place, I've
> made a wiki entry.
>

> http://wiki.bacula.org/doku.php?id=wiki:playground
>

> My scripts are attached.
>
> --John
>

> */
> #include <stdio.h>
>
> #define ROWS 1000000
> main () {
>
> long int I;
> int row_offset;
>         row_offset=2000000000;
>
> //      printf("COPY file (fileid, fileindex, jobid, pathid, filenameid,
> markid, lstat, md5, size, mtime,ctime) FROM stdin;\n");
>        printf("COPY file (fileid, fileindex, jobid, pathid, filenameid,
> markid, lstat, md5) FROM stdin;\n");
>        for  (I=0; I< ROWS; I++ ) {
>        printf("%d\t%d\t%d\t%d\t%d\t%d\t%s\t%s\n",
> //      printf("%d\t%d\t%d\t%d\t%d\t%d\t%s\t%s\t%d\t%s\t%s\n",
>                I+row_offset,           // fileid
>                3,                      //fileindex
>                random(),               //jobid
>                random(),               //pathid
>                1,                      //filenameid
>                1,                      //markid
>                "LSTATDATA",            //LSTAT
>                "MD512345678901234"     //md5
> //              ,0,                     //size
> //              "2008-09-01T01:02:04",  //ctime
> //              "2008-09-01T01:02:05"   //mtime
>        );
>        }
>
> }

with best regards