Re: [Bacula-devel] Alternative DB proposal

Yes,
That was next on my list. Not something I've done before so I'm glad to hear that someone else has done it.

Where will I find this code?

Regards,

John

Eric Bollengier wrote:
Hello John,

An other solution that doesn't require any additional code and no database
structure modification, is to use a PL function to extract mtime, ctime,
size, block_size etc... from LStat field.

This function is available on Postgresql and now on Mysql (thanks to Kjetil).

The only drawback that i see with this PL function, is that you *should* avoid
to use it in WHERE or JOIN clauses. But, it works very well for reporting and
analysis.

Bye