Re: [Bacula-devel] Regression 'make setup' broken in svn?

On Tuesday 07 October 2008 16:04:34 Graham Keeling wrote:
> On Tue, Oct 07, 2008 at 02:31:13PM +0100, Graham Keeling wrote:
> > I've just been trying to build the regression tests from svn (checked out
> > last night).
>
> The reason that I want to do this is that I've been trying out the
> VirtualFull feature again, and I think there are still a problem or two
> with it. So, I'd like to prove it using the regression tests (or adding a
> new test).
>
> Firstly, when running a VirtualFull, it doesn't seem to include all the
> Incrementals since the last Full. So, for example, I might do...
> a) Full
> b) Incr
> c) Incr
> d) Incr
> ...and then run a VirtualFull, and the log will only mention the backups
> created in (a), (b) and (d), and miss out (c) completely. There doesn't
> seem to be an obvious pattern to the ones that it misses out.

It only includes the ones that are needed (i.e. it optimizes).  If all the
files that are in backup c) are present in any future backup, then c) there
will be nothing to restore from c).

> Secondly, the VirtualFull Job that I end up with has a StartTime the same
> as the Full ('a' in the example above), which doesn't seem right.

It really should be setting it to the time of the last backup rather than the
last Full.  That sounds like a bug.  Can you verify?