Re: [Bacula-devel] Bacula Status

* Kern Sibbald schrieb am 04.10.08 um 16:26 Uhr:
> Hello Marc,

Hello Kern,

> I am sorry, but from what you wrote below, I really am not sure what you like
> and what you do not like.

I did not want to confuse you ;)
I assumed that things like WildDir work in Include as well as in
Exclude sections... which is wrong. I confused the things a bit, sorry.
Please read on.

> There are two things that need to be decided separately:
>
> 1. Where to place the directive
>     - Options section
>     - Include section
>     - Exclude section

I think this depends on how the directive will work / what you can
do with it:

If you could use it similar to wilddir for example, than it could
be used to include as well as to exclude directories (exclude=yes)
and then it would be best to have the new directive in the Options
section, right?

These examples show how it would work then:
# use control file to exclude dirs:
Include {
  Options {
    Ignore Dir = .no_backup
    Exclude=yes
  }
  File = /
}

or

# use control file to include dirs:
Include {
  Options {
    Ignore Dir = .please_back_me_up
  }
  Options {
    RegExFile = ".*"
    Exclude = yes
  }
  File = /
}

If it will be to much work or not worth the work to put it into the
Options section than I would vote for having it in the Exclude
section as this new directive is about excluding dirs:

FileSet {
  Name = xxx
  Include {
  }
  Exclude {
    Ignore Dir = .no_backup
  }
}

because this directive is about excluding directories and not
including then.

> 2. The name of the option.
>
> The name of the directive clearly can be different depending on the section it
> goes in.

Yes.

We might try some brainstorming here:

# Options section:
  Options {

    Ignore Control File  = .no_backup
    Exclude Control File = .no_backup
    Ignore Flag File     = .no_backup
    Exclude Flag File    = .no_backup
    Ignore Dir Flag File = .no_backup
  }

# Exclude section:
  Exclude {
    Control File = .no_backup
    Flag File    = .no_backup
  }

> Note: the current code that is implemented is probably not suitable to go in
> the Options section.  I would need to examine this in more detail to be sure.

Ok.

I am not (yet?) familiar with the bacula source. Otherwise I would
have examined this already :-/

-Marc
--
8AAC 5F46 83B4 DB70 8317  3723 296C 6CCA 35A6 4134