Re: [Bacula-devel] Bacula Status

* Kern Sibbald schrieb am 04.10.08 um 15:13 Uhr:
> Hello,
>
> Thanks for your comments.
>
> I think the best suggestion that I have seen for the name is (at least in the
> current context):
>
> Exclude Dirs Containing = .no_backup

I though about this too, but then discarded the idea beacuse I
thought it did not fit into the overall "syntax" of the bacula
configuration.

  Dirs Containing = .no_backup

I think this is against the "logic" in which almost all other
directives are being built:

  WildDir = <wildcard>

and its not

  Dir Matching Wildcard = <wildcard>

I guess there would be many examples.

Am I too nitpicking here?

Wouldn't it be too inconsistent to introduce verbs in
Directive-Names?

> That seems to me to be a very good name.
>
> Concerning the placement of the directive: I think it is worth examining if we
> can easily move it to the Exclude { }  section.  In that case, the directive
> name could be
>
> Exclude {
>   Dirs Containing = .no_backup
> }

I would like it! Do you think it would then be possible to put it
into an Include{} section too to have the opposite effect?
(Like I wrote ;))

-Marc
--
8AAC 5F46 83B4 DB70 8317  3723 296C 6CCA 35A6 4134