Re: [Bacula-devel] Bacula Status

* Dan Langille schrieb am 03.10.08 um 21:15 Uhr:

> I see what you mean.  The directive is: Ignore Dir = <filename>
>
> So at a minimum, it should be Ignore Dir File = <filename>
>
> But having Dir and File together... no.

ACK

> Taking the example at:
> http://www.bacula.org/manuals/en/concepts/concepts/New_Features.html
>
>  # List of files to be backed up
>   FileSet {
>     Name = "MyFileSet"
>     Include {
>       Options {
>         signature = MD5
>       }
>       File = /home
>       IgnoreDir = .excludeme
>     }
>   }
>
> Let's add an exclude option:
>
>  # List of files to be backed up
>   FileSet {
>     Name = "MyFileSet"
>     Include {
>       Options {
>         signature = MD5
>       }
>       File = /home
>       Exclude Flag File =  .no_backup
>     }
>
>     Exclude {
>                 File = /proc
>                 File = /tmp
>                 File = /.journal
>                 File = /.fsck
>         }
>     }
> }
>
> Discussion commences from here.  :)

Maybe "Control File" instead of "Flag File" is better?

I am not 100% sure which is better, I prefer "Control File" ATM

How about placing this directive into the Exclude{} section?
Wouldn't that make more sense anyway?

Maybe like that:

 # List of files to be backed up
  FileSet {
    Name = "MyFileSet"
    Include {
      Options {
        signature = MD5
      }
      File = /home
    }

    Exclude {
                File = /proc
                File = /tmp
                File = /.journal
                File = /.fsck
                Control File = .NO_BACKUP
    }
  }

I do not know how much effort it would take to change it so that
this directive could be used just like WildDir or WildFile for example.

It could be used for inclusion too then:

With this fileset only every directory containing such a control
file would be backed up.

FileSet {
  Name = "MyFileSet"
  Include {
     Options {
        Control File = .DO_BACKUP
     }
     Options {
        Exclude = yes
        RegexFile = ".*"
     }
     File = /home
  }
}

Or even a combination of the two examples would be feasible:

 # List of files to be backed up
  FileSet {
    Name = "MyFileSet"
    Include {
      Options {
        signature = MD5
        Control File = .DO_BACKUP
      }
      File = /home
    }

    Exclude {
      File = /proc
      File = /tmp
      File = /.journal
      File = /.fsck
      Control File = .NO_BACKUP
    }
  }

Comments?

-Marc
--
8AAC 5F46 83B4 DB70 8317  3723 296C 6CCA 35A6 4134