Re: [Bacula-devel] Bacula Status

* Dan Langille schrieb am 02.10.08 um 23:02 Uhr:

Hi Dan,

> On Oct 2, 2008, at 3:04 PM, Marc Schiffbauer wrote:
>
> >Ignore Dir
> >
> >A note on whether this directive works recursive or not
> >would be fine.
>
> Recursive?
>
> As in 'ignore this directory' but take all its children?
>
> Sorry, that's not an ignore.  ;)

Full ack, but just to be 100% sure ;)

> Point taken though.  It reduces the number of questions.

yes, thanks.

> But regardless, if people are so inclined, hunting down the text
> and supplying a patch helps a great deal.

Yes, I used to do that. Sorry that I did not this time.

> >(And I personally would find "Exclude Flag File" more intuitive as
> >"Exclude" is the bacula terminology to to ignore files or
> >directories...)
>

> FWIW, you can name the file anything you want.

I did not mean the value of the directive but the name of the
directive itself.

Everywhere in the FileSet in Bacula you use the word "Exclude" when
dealing with files that will not be backed up. So I suggest to
follow this terminology instead of introducing a synonym.
I think this will increase usability.

So I think

  Exclude Flag File = .no_backup

would be more intuitive about what it does than

  Ignore Dir = .no_backup

Also I think because of using the word 'Dir' many people would expect
this to be a directory which will be ignored and will try something
like this:

  Ignore Dir = /tmp

will will be nonsense of course ;)

-Marc
--
8AAC 5F46 83B4 DB70 8317  3723 296C 6CCA 35A6 4134