Re: [Bacula-devel] [Bacula-users] Bacula Status

On Thursday 02 October 2008 18:50:36 Dan Langille wrote:
> On Oct 2, 2008, at 11:39 AM, Hemant Shah wrote:
> > Kern,
> >
> >  When you add these features to the on-line documentation, it would
> > be nice if there was a tag (maybe in the left margin) that provided
> > the version of bacula that supported that option.
> The online documentation is available in two forms:
> The dev version
> The released version
> >  From reading this userlist I have noticed that many users install
> > whatever is available in the software repository, which are old
> > versions, and there are few users who stay one version behind for
> > stability. When they read the documentation it is not clear whether
> > a given option is supported in their version of bacula.
> I disagree with your conclusion regarding who is running what.  I
> think most people use whatever is released, not what is in the
> repository.
> What you are seeing on the list are people who are very active with
> Bacula.  There are far many more users than are on this list, let
> alone are posting to the lst.
> The documentation for previous releases is available at installation
> time (or should be; packages that do otherwise are defective
> IMNSHO) .  In addition. documentation can be downloaded from the
> website at any time.
> I would like to have all released documentation online in HTML
> format.

Yes, I would too, and it is a planned project.

> We lack resources (people) to do that.  Join the
> documentation mailing list if you are interested.

The bottleneck is probably me since several people have offered to help, but
with the new professional services effort, I am running at 150% so certain
things are *unfortunately* either on hold or *very* slow.  Hopefully that is
temporary -- already as I mentioned, we now have more programming resouces