[Bacula-devel] rsync link behavior

Hey there,

After doing several incremental backups of our remote servers, I’ve noticed the backup sizes and transfer time are just too long.

Making bacula almost completely improper for backing up remote servers with big single files.

I wanted to know whether someone actually got to implement an incremental backup to act like rsync does upon file changes ?

I’m looking to write a patch to the save_file callback in the bacula-fd’s backup procedure to utilize the gnu’s diff and patches and to send those over the line to the bacula-sd. Of course a corresponding implementation in the storage device will also be required.

Comments anyone ?