Re: [Bacula-devel] Correct usage of posix_fadvise in SD?

> First a thing about what Brice said : I don't think there would be
> something
> to gain for bacula in using NOREUSE. It would be more for the other
> programs
> running concurrently with it, in order to help the file daemon not
> trashing
> the filesystem cache.

It's also something that is increasingly important in virtual systems.
Gratuitous use of filesystem cache is exceptionally rude in shared
resource systems, and this behavior dramatically impacts the size and
resource requirements for running Bacula in virtual machines.