Re: [Bacula-devel] bacula client for win 64bit needed

Hello,

On Thursday 25 September 2008 12:09:11 Riyas Y. wrote:
> Hello,
>
> Actually this discussion went on for a while one month back..
> The problem was that I took the 64 bit build version of bacula 1.3x
> which is very old...(as per our requirement)

OK, thanks for clarifying this

> In that version the Visual Studio version was more synchronized with the
> buildable linux version..
> So I could complete the build in windows with much less effort even
> though I was totally new to Bacula..

Yes.

> In the latest Bacula source code the Visual Studio Configuration has
> fallen out of sync and taking a 64 bit build in windows using Visual
> Studio is not as easy..

Yes, keeping the Visual Stuido synchronized is not easy -- that is one reason
why we stopped using it.  It required a lot of manual work then building the
release was manual, which is why we switched to cross-compiling.

It looks like finding someone that can work on the 64 bit cross-compiling is
really needed.

> I have not been touch with Bacula for the past one month.. and I think
> the two problems I pointed out still remains the same..
>
> 1. 64 bit vss machine..

I have integrated your patch, and perhaps I can even make the 32 bit version
find and use the 64 bit entry point.

> 2. Services/Daemons cannot display dialogs from Vista/Server 2008 and so
> we cannot get the status dialogs in these operating systems..

Yes, but you can get all the same information by running any console.

> I fear that since I am very busy with my current project I cannot help
> in this situation..
> I will try to associate with these problems as soon as I get time..

Please let me know if you start to work on them again so that we can
coordinate and not duplicate any effort.

Thanks for responding quickly to this ...