Re: [Bacula-devel] bls and DVD (Windows Version)

Hello,

I am sorry to be slow in responding, but I don't have much choice these days.
I see you are probably the reporter of the bug on this same subject.

I regret, but currently we only support the FD on Win32.  It turns out that
the Dir and the SD appear to work reasonably well.  However, I think it is
*very* unlikely that anything using DVD on Windows will work because as far
as I know the tools that Bacula uses to read/write the DVD have not been
ported to Win32, so you are pretty much out of luck.

In any case, I would strongly recommend against using DVD as it is a very
unreliable medium.

If you must use it, then I suggest writing to disk volumes and limiting their
size to fit on a DVD, and when the Volume is full, "manually" write it to a
DVD, and if you later want to restore from it, then copy it back onto the
disk.  It is not a very automatic way of working, but it is the best we can
offer at the moment.

As you will learn in the next few days, we have created a company that will
provide professional support and development services to Bacula users, so I
hope that in the future through corporate development projects, we will be
able to fund a Windows developer to fix some of the missing functionality on
Windows.