Re: [Bacula-devel] bad sql??

On Saturday 20 September 2008 10:49:12 John Huttley wrote:
> Ok, I've just run some preliminary tests
>
> First  the make_sqlite3_tables   script is faulty.
>
> there are two places where it  has
>
> DEFAULT ""
>
> Oddly enough that seems to work in the context of  sqlite.
> However when we do a dump of the data from sqlite, that is still there
> in the DDL statements.
> This is invalid sql syntax
>
> If we simply change the ""  to '' we get legal SQL that still works with
> sqlite.
>

> Secondly the DDL statements create the table names with caps but without
> quotes.
> If we look at the dumped database after a backup, the insert statements
> quote the table name.
> Since the table name has caps, this doesn't work.
>
> This seems to be 'feature' of the sqlite3 shell.
>
> so, one minor bug in bacula

OK, thanks for pointing this out. I have replaced all double quotes in the
make_sqlite*_tables scripts by single quotes.

PS: There is a script in the examples/database directory named sqlite2pgsql
that should convert an SQLite dump to Postgre acceptable code, but I recently
tried it and had some problems so gave up and switched the particular
installation from SQLite2 to SQLite3 instead of Postgre.  Perhaps some clever
script jockey could make it work or perhaps Russell would be willing to
update it.