Re: [Bacula-devel] Bug? "No Job found for JobId X" after successful backup

On Friday 19 September 2008, Kern Sibbald said something like:
> No, there is no maximum, but if you entered 100 years incorrectly
> that could easily turn into 100 seconds.  Did you carefully check
> what is actually saved in the Volume record with "llist Volume=xxx"?
>
> It is possible (but unlikely I think) that there is a bug for larger
> time ranges because the Unix time_t is limited to something like 70
> years (I forget the number).  Bacula explicitly uses a utime_t, which
> is *very* large, but there could potentially be some problem with
> some database or one of our caculations that limits the range to 70
> years.

Interesting.  I change the pool's volume retention to 100 years, and the
bug didn't surface.  Didn't have time to try with file or job
retention.  Will file away for now.  Thanks for your help and pointers.

Joshua Kugler
Part-Time System Admin/Programmer
http://www.eeinternet.com
PGP Key: http://pgp.mit.edu/  ID 0xDB26D7CE