Re: [Bacula-devel] bad sql??

On Thursday 18 September 2008 20:08:27 Dan Langille wrote:
> Kern Sibbald wrote:

> >> I think the best thing to do is to stop using capitalization altogether.
> >>   Go lower case.
> >
> > That is not a solution will work for Bacula. First it would require
> > *massive* changes in Bacula source code. Second, a good number of studies
> > show that using either _ in variable names or using capitalization of the
> > parts significantly improves the readability.
>
> I hope there is a solution that will work everywhere.
>
> The SQL standard says that "SELECT * FROM FOO" should be the same as
> "SELECT * FROM foo"
>
> In short,  FOO == Foo == foo <> "Foo"
>
>  From what I understand, we're doing a lot of 'SELECT * FROM "Foo"'.

I think this is either a misunderstanding of what someone said, or someone is
mistaken about Bacula code.

> If we stop putting quotes around the table and field names, that might
> solve a lot of the issues.

Bacula *never*  puts quotes around a table or field names.  We single quote
only strings.  If there are any quoted names, which I seriously doubt, please
point them out to me, because I will instantly rip them out.  :-)