Re: [Bacula-devel] bacula-fd crash (svn 7596)

On Monday 15 September 2008 15:10:54 Ulrich Leodolter wrote:
> On Mon, 2008-09-15 at 14:00 +0200, Kern Sibbald wrote:
> > On Monday 15 September 2008 10:26:07 Ulrich Leodolter wrote:
> > > Hello,
> > >
> > > current svn 7596 version of bacula-fd dies wenn backup job starts.
> > > backup server is running centos 5.2, client is running debian lenny.
> > >
> > > bacula-fd dies on both systems.
> > >
> > > i've restarted all bacula daemons on server and client,
> > > but no success.
> > >
> > > "estimate" works, but "run" kills bacula-fd.
> > >
> > > i've attached a traceback for client and server fd.
> >
> > It is dying in the Accurate code.  Is this something new you are using?
>
> Im using it since a few weeks (full backup every sunday),
> no problems or crash until today.
>
> Last full backup on sunday completed without problems,  i did not
> make any changes on sunday :-) .., so i am surprised too.
>
> > Please check that your FD and Dir are both exactly the same version.  If
> > not that could create serious problems.
>
> at least on the server all versions are the same,  in the mean time
> i did "svn update; ./configure; make install" on server and client.

Well, the above could have created some problems.  Please always do:

./configure <your-options>
make
make install

The make and make install must be separate commands as a make install by
itself will not correctly build and install Bacula.

Please try this before submitting a bug report.