Re: [Bacula-devel] bacula-fd crash (svn 7596)

On Mon, 2008-09-15 at 14:00 +0200, Kern Sibbald wrote:
> On Monday 15 September 2008 10:26:07 Ulrich Leodolter wrote:
> > Hello,
> >
> > current svn 7596 version of bacula-fd dies wenn backup job starts.
> > backup server is running centos 5.2, client is running debian lenny.
> >
> > bacula-fd dies on both systems.
> >
> > i've restarted all bacula daemons on server and client,
> > but no success.
> >
> > "estimate" works, but "run" kills bacula-fd.
> >
> > i've attached a traceback for client and server fd.
> >

> It is dying in the Accurate code.  Is this something new you are using?

Im using it since a few weeks (full backup every sunday),
no problems or crash until today.

Last full backup on sunday completed without problems,  i did not
make any changes on sunday :-) .., so i am surprised too.

> Please check that your FD and Dir are both exactly the same version.  If not
> that could create serious problems.

at least on the server all versions are the same,  in the mean time
i did "svn update; ./configure; make install" on server and client.

> I don't think we have made any changes for quite some time in the Accurate
> code so it is a bit surprising, but I recommend that you open a bug report on
> it and include the traceback (both show the same problem) and your
> bacula-dir.conf.

ok, will doit

> Best regards,
>
> Kern