Re: [Bacula-devel] Bacula config generator/parser?

On Saturday 13 September 2008 16:57:36 Stefan Sorin Nicolin wrote:
> On 04.09.2008, at 18:05, Kern Sibbald wrote:
> > Hello,
> >
> > From what you have written, it is a bit hard to understand what you
> > are trying
> > to do.  It sounds like you are mixing or confusing the Bacula
> > database and
> > the various daemon conf files.  There is no direct relation between
> > the two.
> > The data that is available in the Bacula conf files for the Director
> > is only
> > partially kept in the db and it is not possible to reconstruct
> > proper conf
> > files from the database.
>
> I am not dealing the Bacula database. I created a frontend for the
> Bacula conf files.
> I am half way through with the generation of Bacula conf files.

OK, fine, but then why did you write?  "So far I
    have the organized the ressources in different database tables and
   named each db field after the directive. This will ease the
   generation part as I only have to crawl through the db and fetch the field
   name and it's value."

You *seem* to be taling about the database and crawling trough it ???

> > The syntax and semantics of the conf files is described in a good
> > amount of
> > detail in the manual, so it really should not be necessary to read
> > lib/parse_conf.
>
> That's where I hang around a lot lately :)
> By the way - good job on keeping the docs updated. Bacula is the best
> documented open source project I encounterd so far.

Thanks. I wish I could do better, but it is all getting bigger and bigger that
it is harder and harder :-)

Kern