[Bacula-devel] What is VolIndex used for?

Hi.

I have this strang situation where my backup system in "some" jobs takes
a huge time to spool to tape. Well actaully not the spooling, this is
done in ordinary time, but updating the JobMedia table take 2.5 hours /
8GB.

According to this SQLinvestigation it seems that the VolIndex counts way
to fast on the faulty job.. What is VolIndex?

http://rafb.net/p/AczW3V99.html

18435 => Well running job
18436 => Bad job.

A histogram of the JobMedia table also indicates that something strange
is going on:
http://rafb.net/p/BThS3h86.html

So what is VolIndex.. can it be due to a hardware error that it counts
too fast? Or what else?

Bacula 2.2.8 ..

Thanks.
--