Re: [Bacula-devel] small dbcheck patch for mysql

> > For a start, Path.PathId is a primary key and the
> > suggested new index on File.PathId must have sped up the SELECT, not the
> > DELETEs.
>
> While you bring up a valid point about the select possibly being a
> larger problem than the delete, it doesn't change my overall premise:
> that tweaking the SQL to make it faster on one platform might make it
> slower on another.

Agreed.

> > Secondly, unless the Path table is very much out of date relative to
> > the File table, you would not expect to find a huge number of orphaned path
> > records.
>
> Define "huge"?  is 336046 huge?  I don't consider it to be all that
> large when you consider a path table of almost 1 million, a file
> table of over 43 million and a filename table of over 11 million.

I would define huge as something that takes too long to delete, maybe more
than a few hours.  The OP was talking about days, which is definitely too
long.

336046 out of 1 million (i.e. > 1/3) is actually a surprisingly large ratio to
me, unless you've not run dbcheck for a long time.

__Martin