Re: [Bacula-devel] backup to removable external disk

Peter Sjoberg wrote:

> The basic rsync won't work since then I need a one2one copy and then I
> would have to have same storage locally as externally, as in 1TB local
> +2x1TB external (one onsite & one offsite).

I don't understand why that will not work.

 > Maybe if I create a pile of
> directories and only rsync that part or something like that.

I think the safest solution is keeping all the Bacula Volumes local on
HDD, then rsync to external HDD.  But then, I'm not the one doing 1TB.

FWIW, OEMExpress downtown[1] has them for roughly $200 each.

[1] - Peter lives in Ottawa, a former home of mine.  He and I have
worked on Bacula stuff offline.  OEMExpress is a pretty good source for
hardware.  http://www.oemexpress.com/

--
Dan Langille