Re: [Bacula-devel] Bacula config generator/parser?

Stefan Sorin Nicolin wrote:
> Hi folks,
>
> I am working on a webbased configuration tool for Bacula written in
> Ruby on Rails. As I am at the point where I have to generate a valid
> configuration file and I am a bit clueless I thought I'd ask here for
> some advice.

FYI, I use Nagios.  Fruity (now Lilac) is a web-based configuration tool
for Lilac.  It works well.  I've always thought a similar tool for
Bacula would be good.  I hope you have a look at Fruity as a starting point.

> Did someone else had a go at generating (and preferably importing)
> Bacula configuration files? I allready looked at lib/parse_conf but
> this didn't help either(it's me lacking proper C skills).

Bacula already parses the configuration files itself. Perhaps that code
might help.

> So far I
> have the organized the ressources in different database tables and
> named each db field after the directive. This will ease the generation
> part as I only have to crawl through the db and fetch the field name
> and it's value. Still I am reluctant to do so as it doesen't feel
> right - so my main question remains - it there any more generic way to
> handle such a situation (that would also imply the reverse - also
> parsing config files)?

What does Fruity do?

I am pretty sure the latest version, Lilac, has an import.

--
Dan Langille