[Bacula-devel] Bacula config generator/parser?

Hi folks,

I am working on a webbased configuration tool for Bacula written in
Ruby on Rails. As I am at the point where I have to generate a valid
configuration file and I am a bit clueless I thought I'd ask here for
some advice.
Did someone else had a go at generating (and preferably importing)
Bacula configuration files? I allready looked at lib/parse_conf but
this didn't help either(it's me lacking proper C skills). So far I
have the organized the ressources in different database tables and
named each db field after the directive. This will ease the generation
part as I only have to crawl through the db and fetch the field name
and it's value. Still I am reluctant to do so as it doesen't feel
right - so my main question remains - it there any more generic way to
handle such a situation (that would also imply the reverse - also
parsing config files)?

Stefan Sorin Nicolin

Unix guy, Mac head, Rails wannabe,
computer science alumnus, usability
guesspert and overall big time visionary