Re: [Bacula-devel] exclude files by touching special file on client

Very clever !   I never cease to be amazed by what can be done by
command chaining on a shell command line.

As long as you do not have too many excluded directories, the overhead should
not be too much -- currently the exclude code does a linear search of the
exclusion list for every file it is going to backup.

Probably the main advantage of the new IgnoreDir directive is that it
should work on Win32 machines too.  However, we haven't tested it yet :-)