Re: [Bacula-devel] exclude files by touching special file on client

Hi Ulrich,

I did exactly this using bacula 2.2.x with the following
configuration and it works great.

The Exclude{} in this example exludes every directory under /home
that contains a regular file called .BACULA_NO_BACKUP and logs what
has been excluded to /root/bacula_excluded_dirs.log

FileSet {
  Name = "MyFileSet"
  Include {
    Options {
      exclude = yes
      regex = ".*/[Cc]ache/.*"
    }
    Options {
      signature = MD5
      noatime = yes
      aclsupport = yes
      compression = GZIP
    }
    File = "\\</etc/bacula/backup-include.txt"
  }

  Exclude {
    # exclude all dirs containing a file called ".BACULA_NO_BACKUP"
    # (the following is ONE line)
    File = "\\|sh -c 'for D in /home; do find $D -xdev -name .BACULA_NO_BACKUP -type f -printf \"%h\\n\"; done | tee /root/bacula_excluded_dirs.log'"
  }
}

I like to see that this has been implemented directly into bacula.
I guess this will speed up this process a lot although I never had
trouble with this solution being to slow.

-Marc

* Ulrich Leodolter schrieb am 02.09.08 um 17:54 Uhr:
> Hello,
>
> i remember a patch on this (or users) list which
> allows exclude on client side by touching special
> files. e.g
>
> touch /private/.nobackup
>
> will exclude all files under /private
>
> the filename ".nobackup" could be specified by
> server side config option.
>

> anyone remembers this patch?
> is it in svn?
>
> ul
> --
> Ulrich Leodolter <ulrich.leodolter@xxxxxxxx>
> Oesterreichische Bibliothekenverbund und Service GmbH
> Bruennlbadgasse 17/2A, A-1090 Wien
> Fax +43 1 4035158-30
> Tel +43 1 4035158-21
> Web http://www.obvsg.at

| Ein Service von Links2Linux.de:         /  o\   RPMs for SuSE   |
| --> PackMan! <-- naeheres unter        |   __|   and  others    |
| http://packman.links2linux.de/ . . . O  \__\  . . . O . . . O . |