Re: [Bacula-devel] exclude files by touching special file on client

Hello,

Yes, I remember this patch quite well, because (amazingly enough) I just
finished the first cut of the documentation (a bit crude at the moment) for
this feature, and it will be posted to the web site in a few minutes in the
New Features chapter of the development manual.  The New Features chapter is
near the beginning of the Bacula Concepts document.

http://www.bacula.org/manuals/en/concepts/concepts/New_Features.html

On Tuesday 02 September 2008 17:54:30 Ulrich Leodolter wrote:
> Hello,
>
> i remember a patch on this (or users) list which
> allows exclude on client side by touching special
> files. e.g
>
> touch /private/.nobackup
>
> will exclude all files under /private
>
> the filename ".nobackup" could be specified by
> server side config option.
>

> anyone remembers this patch?
> is it in svn?

Yes, the code is integrated into the trunk svn.  I no longer have the original
patch, so if you want it, you will need to look through the developer's email
list for the original email.  In fact, if I remember right, the patch was for
the trunk.  At this time, we are not planning to back port it to 2.4.x since
it requires a change of the protocol between the Director and the Client.

You are, of course, welcome to try the trunk code, but it is not yet
production ready.  However, within the next few weeks (once we have at least
some minimal documentation), we are planning to release a beta version of
this code (version 2.5.x) which appears to be quite stable.