Re: [Bacula-devel] Ubuntu 8.04 LTS to be released 24 April with Bacula

On Mon, 31 Mar 2008 15:26:14 +0100
Kern Sibbald <kern@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> I have just been informed that Bacula has been accepted in Ubuntu
> "main", which means that it will be included in the Ubuntu 8.04 LTS
> (long term support) release, which ships the 24th of April.  That
> release (including Bacula) will be maintained for 5 years!  Many
> thanks to the Ubuntu packagers and managers who worked hard to make
> this happen.

It's good to known that Ubuntu's version of make_catalog_backup script
is based on gawk and reads configuration from bacula-dir.conf, instead
of having username/password as arguments. Cause of that, Ubuntu's
make_catalog_backup (called make_catalog_backup_awk) is immune to
CVE-2007-5626. We also ship default make_catalog_backup for those who
prefer it.

Thank you for a great product!