Re: [Bacula-devel] StorageDaemon: Job name not found

Hi,

I found the problem and a workaround. It's not a solution but it
works.

The client is anywhere. But not in the same network like director and
storage daemon. The FD can't connect the SD. It's impossbile to change
this. That is the reason why we must use SSH.
Director and SD are different servers. That's also impossible to
change :(

In bacula-dir.conf is defined something like
Storage {
  Name = FileOBC2-SSH
   Address = localhost
   SDPort = 9103
   Password = "xxx"
   Device = FileStorage
   Media Type = File
   Autochanger = yes
}

For port forwarding over SSH we need Address "localhost" in
Storage defintion. But there is the problem! The client needs
"localhost" here. But the director needs the internal IP of the
storage daemon.

How we solved this problem:
In the storage definition above we changed the SDPort to
   SDPort = 19103
Then we build a port forwarding from director:19103 to sd:9103.
Then we build a port forwarding from fd:9103 to sd:9103.
Then we started the job and everything was fine.

A Hint: the Address in the storage-definition is used by director and
by FD. The SDPort is used by director only. Because at first I tried
to build a port forwarding from fd:19103 to sd:9103 - with an error.
Then I build a port forwarding from fd:9103 to sd:9103 - successfully.

Now you can decide if I didn't read the manual and howtos correctly or
you want to add this to any kind of howto or something else.

Regards,
Thomas
---