Re: [Bacula-devel] A bug in 2.2.8-jobmedia.patch?

Kern Sibbald <kern@xxxxxxxxxxx> writes:

> I have made a simple patch, which seems to correct the problem.
> [...]
> It is committed to the trunk, but I am doing a bit more testing on the 2.2.9
> branch before applying it.  I would appreciate to know if it fixes your
> problem.

That should fix the most common case of the multiple small jobs starting
spooling at the same time.  I've applied it, and will check that this
does, in fact, happen, and report back.

It won't do anything for the case of a large job spooling in two or more
iterations, of course.  It also won't make the session labels in the
backup files correct.  How big a problem is that?  What are these labels
actually used for?  Only to rebuild a lost catalog from the raw tapes?

I've got half a mind to make the change that I outlined locally, and do
some testing.  I reckon I can set up a local file based archive to be
able to test non-spooled backups and quickly check their in-file labels.

-tih
--
Self documenting code isn't. User application constraints don't. --Ed Prochak