Re: [Bacula-devel] Windows bacula-fd abend during a backup.

Kern,

First, your theory that I hadn't fully understood the use of regular
expressions is correct, of course!  The reason I was using them instead
of Wild commands is because that section of the manual wasn't helpful
enough to me.

Specifically, I was looking for a way to exclude specific directory and
file names that could be anywhere in the filesystem.  I now realize that
to exclude the "Cache" folders I can use lines like...

WildDir = "*/Cache"

and for the files such as "thumbs.db"
WildFile = "*/thumbs.db"

(Windows XP creates the thumbs.db file all over the place and there's no
reason I can see to back it up)

Perhaps a note about this specific style of usage of WildDir and
WildFile could be added to the docs.

Additionally, the following example occurs in the doc page at
http://www.bacula.org/en/rel-manual/Configuring_Director.html#FileSetResource

RegexFile = ".*"

Not being well versed in regular expressions, I tried to adapt that
example line.

My fileset definition got so long because I was trying to use a
one-size-fits-all approach... the fact that I can do this at all is a
major plus for bacula over other backup systems!  However, I'm aware
that great caution must be used in doing this for a lot of different
backup client computers.

Perhaps it would be good to put your note #2 (found below) in the docs
as well.

   Bob