Re: [Bacula-devel] Tape Drives Race

Hello,

Unless I have misunderstood your description,
I think this is a support problem, and so you should not really be writing to
the bacula-users list unless they told you otherwise.  Please see
www.bacula.org -> Support

If you are working without an autochanger and you set PreferMountedVolumes=no,
you are probably shooting yourself in the foot since you have told Bacula not
to accept a volume that is already "mounted", so obviously, it isn't going to
want to use the Volume you have in the drive and will ask for another one.  I
have never tried this but if you explicitly mount it from bconsole, it will
probably just the same accept it.

There have been an enormous number of changes in the SD drivers lately, so if
you don't specify what your OS is and what version of Bacula you are using,
any comments I make are guesses based on the latest release (2.2.8).

Unless you explicitly ask Bacula to eject a tape it will not.  It can free the
drive, which appears in the status as "not mounted", but that doesn't mean
that the Volume has been ejected in the more common sense of the use of the
word mounted.