Re: [Bacula-devel] Windows bacula-fd abend during a backup.

Hmmm.  OK, your FileSet convinces me that the most likely problem is in the
Regex code, which is ported from Linux.  I don't think the code is really
heavily tested even on Linux -- the regex code base we use was quite buggy so
I imagine there are still some bugs in it.

I note a number of things in your setup:

1. You are not using VSS, which IMO you should be providing your machine
handles it (i.e. Win2003, WinXP, WinVista, ...).

2. You are using a lot of Regex statements, which will cost quite a lot of CPU
time.  I recommend you simplify them if you can, or better yet convert them
to Wild statements which are much more efficient.

3. Some of the Regex statements are not going to work the way you expect them
to -- you are using them much like wild cards.  E.g. a single period in a
regex has an entirely different meaning than matching a single period.  You
might be able to get some help for getting the regexes to work they way you
want on the bacula-users list.

I'll try putting your Regex commands into a test program to see if I can
reproduce the problem.

I recommend that you submit a bug report on this:  see www.bacula.org -> Bug
Reports.  It is the only way to *guarantee* that the problem will be
eventually resolved.