Re: [Bacula-devel] Accurate file project hash tables

> As currently implemented this table is a hash table using the hash class that
> I wrote 3 or 4 years ago for this particular project. It is fast and
> efficient.

BTW, the hash function is currently a little broken I think, e.g. these
strings will all have the same hash index:

"abcdefghijklm"
"zzcdefghijklm"
"zzzzzzzzzzzzzzcdefghijklm"

The problem is that nothing collects the bits that are lost by the <<
operator, so you only hash on the last 32/3 chars.  I think you need to rotate
the bits instead of just shifting.

__Martin