Re: [Bacula-devel] Accurate file project hash tables

On Tuesday 25 March 2008 22:33:06 David Boyes wrote:
> > SQlite is too big for just a hash usage,
>
> It is kind of swatting flies with atom bombs, yes.

:-)

> > It's true that good libraries exist for this job. For example DB
>
> Berkeley
>
> > is
> > present everywhere and the licence is compatible. But it add a
>
> dependency
>
> > on client side.
>
> Given that you're cross-building most of the time anyway, does it much
> matter?

Virtually all the cross-compiling requires patch files that took a significant
amount of time to develop, so integrating any significant body of code
presents major headaches for us to get it running, to port it, and to fix the
bugs in it, and to fix any incorrect interfacing we might implement -- not to
mention the time it takes to move the patch files up to the next version of
the library ...