Re: [Bacula-devel] Accurate file project hash tables

On Tuesday 25 March 2008 19:07:45 David Boyes wrote:
> Use a dbm-based lookaside cache to store the values for the indexes
> keyed by the hash code. That will take a minimal amount of memory
> (25-30K) and the hashes make useful unique keys; also scales for large
> clients and small ones.
>
> Dbm has been ported to just about everything you care about, and works
> fairly well for this type of application.

The problem with all "libraries" is either porting, which apparently with dbm
is not a problem, or the license.  About the only license that works with
Bacula is the BSD 3 clause license.  Can you point me to code that is small
and appropriately licensed?